Thursday, June 19, 2008

Working on the till...

...is the worst thing ever. Everyone says it's easy and everything but I hate it so much. It's just unnecessarily mixed around (You have to go into all these ridiculous subsections to find what you're looking to charge for etc), and the fact that I've consistently been on the crap till with the dodgy touchscreen isn't much help either. I've made a few mistakes because of that alone, but they were all corrected so it's grand. It's not that it's hard, it's just shit and annoying. And you can literally be looking for soemthing for 10 minutes if the customer doesn't tell you exactly what they want (We've got like 400 belgian chocolate products for example). And it just gets fucking boring. "Hi sirrrrr, how are you today?!" / "Helllllo miss! What can I get you?" will start to eat at your soul as soon as you realise that you've been saying it for the last 2 hours straight.

I'm sure anyone who's been working here for over a certain period of time gets to like it, but I just can't find anything good to say about it. I don't want to be taking an order for €20 and be thinking to myself "Holy shit, these people are going to consume in less than 15 minutes, something that would take me over 2 hours of work just to afford"... That kind of breaks you a little. Thank fuck for the free drinks and 50% off food for employees, because if it was normal prices for us, we'd actually be spending like half of our salaries in Starbucks on our lunch alone. Scary shit.

But yeah, I've just realised that I did make an entry about hating working on the bar a while back, and now I fucking love it. Some lady came in earlier and goes to the girl on the till "How fast can you guys make a hot chocolate for kids?" and I just screamed "MAADDDDDD FASSSSTTTTTTT" and started making it. It was hilarious looking back on it, as I had it pretty much in her hand before she had even gotten the change. Fuck yeah. Hopefully till will improve like that.

1 comment:

Prawncracker said...

I like the concept for this blog... I work in dominos so I know how it feels to have shit customers and all that. Everything is always your fault, as if it wasn't bad enough that your getting minimum wage. Fuck sake like. Anyway, keep it up, its funny. =]