Saturday, June 7, 2008

Multinats are POWERLESS!

Today we had a blackout. Everywhere in the village was affected by it, so pretty much everywhere closed. People were speculating that it had something to do with the Radiohead concert in Malahide castle. In fairness, it's a very plausible reason, seeing as they're artsy fartsy pricks who go on about keeping the world green, but then decide to use up all the power in Malahide. Cheers, Thom. Anyway, I'd just come back from my half hour break when it happened, and then we got to chill the biscuit for another hour and a bit on top ofthat until the power came back on. We were all mad afraid that the lack of power would bring the fridge temperature down and we'd have to waste all the food, but that didn't happen. Grand. Myself and a girl Rita who works there went outside and just had the buzz browsing through each other's iPods, looking to find any ropey stuff so we could slag each other about. She had some whack shit on it, but I let it slide when I saw that she listened to The Academy Is, 30 Seconds to Mars, and some other stuff, and she tried to slag me over having Jack's Mannequin and Pendulum on mine, which I guess is fair enough. I think she's cool, seeing as I have the most buzz with her because everyone else is really worky worky or just not up for the buzz, resulting in them being worky worky.
A while after the power came back, we opened up again and did the biz, and then a while after that, I went home. I was working 7 til 3, and the time someow flew in. Probably because of the hour and fifty minute break I had. I wish the power would cut out more often, seriously. But Radiohead are playing the next two days here I think, so fingers crossed.

No comments: