Saturday, June 7, 2008

Working on the bar...

...Is probably the scariest thing ever in the whole Zach Wylde world. As I'm only a n00b, I'm pretty much guaranteed to be totally shit and pathetic at it. People need to stop ordering custom drinks. They put me in the deep end a few days ago. An hour on my own at the bar. It was seriously so fucking hard and terrifying. At one point, there was a tailback of about 5 or 6 drinks. With people paying that much for coffee, I imagine they'd want it fast. So I decided I'd let them know what's up and told them that I'm only a trainee and that their drinks would take a bit longer than usual. Most of them didn't mind. I fucked up one or two. They didn't notice. Success. I was really fucking nervous whenever people would be looking at me with eyes of anticipation, but after a while I decided to say "fukkitt" and just took my time doing the drinks to the best of my ability and after a good while I gained a fair bit of confidence and the day started flying in. But people seriously need to stop ordering customs. As I was chatting away with some customer, she asked me if I was new here because she hadn't seen me before and I told her that I was doing my training here and that I'd be going out to Swords as soon as that store opened up. I also told her that I was friends with Chris, but she didn't know who he was, so I described him for her. The skinny dude with dark hair and the questionable (but lovable) facial hair. Then she was like "OHHHHH, the boy with the amaaaazing eyes?!", and I was like "Em, I guess so. I've never really thought about it that much...", and then she proceeded to tell me that one could get lost in my best friend's eyes. Hahaha. That brought my day up loads. She was probably only messing though, as I've know Chris since I was like 14 and I've never thought that his eyes were even slightly enchanting. I don't know. I'm sure he'll he chuffed though. She was decent.

1 comment:

Fionnuala said...

chris does have very blue eyes, just for the record.