Saturday, May 31, 2008

The music bitch...

So I think it was my thrid day working when the music bitch came into the shop. She bought some custom drink which I reckon probably gave her a sense of "individuality" or some shit, and then she sat down to have a little read. Starbucks is a the kind of place where you can buy one drink and just chill for like 5 hours if you want. We're not encouraged to get people out of the shop and clear tables for the next customers, we just let people do whatever they want. Within reason, like I'm sure we'd have to say something if some lad began to toss one out in the shop, y'know? But anyway, she's having a little read and the shop's a bit quiet. It's weird how sometimes it's really busy and then other times it's mad chilled out. And it's not even schedualed, it just happens sometimes. Anyway, she's reading and there's not many people there. And we're working away doing whatever we need to do and there's some music on in the background and it's sort of funk / disco type of stuff. It's a playlist Starbucks have anyway. It has that song from the Marmite ad ages ago that everybody knows but knows nothing else about it. And yeah, the music is totally fucking quiet. I mean, if you weren't working there for 3 days with that playlist on repeat all day, you wouldn't even know that there was music being played, let alone know what song it is. Anyway, the music bitch gets up out of her chair and comes over to the bar with a frumpy look on her face. The sort of look a three year old toddler would give to his mam if he didn't get his milkybar yoghurt in this weeks shopping. I fucking want a milkybar yoghurt. Anyway, she comes over to a girl in workcalled Rita, and she's like "Eh, sorry, cold you per chance turn the music down in here? It's as if I'm at a concert..." or something like that. HELLO. NO YOU ARE NOT AT A CONCERT YOU FUCKING DICKJUG. And then she has the cheek to ask Rita "Whatever happened to serenity?". Holy shit. You cannot be fucking SERIOUS. I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO SERENITY. HANG ON, I'LL RING HIM AND FIND OUT.
For real, people need to shut the fuck up and just drink their coffee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did she turn it down then!?

That reminds me of a time when I was in my old job and it was like 10 in the morning and I was blasting some Rise Against I think it was and a customer came up.

"Uh... dyou think you'd be able to maybe turn off the music please?"

"No."

Wez said...

Sean told me the same story and he was actually playing 36 Crazy fists. LOL.

Should have turned it down and played some really slow death metal at a low volume to piss her off.