Friday, May 30, 2008

I wouldn't like to walk it...

So today we had some duder come in and fix the sink. He was old enough, but not past it, nor would he be considered a "has-been". Anyway, straight away I knew he was from up north, so I asked him which part. He told me that he was from Armagh,and I told him that I used to go out with a girl from there, but she moved to Derry so I'd only been to the house in Armagh a few times before they moved and whatnot. He then asked me where about in Armagh she was form, so I said she was from Portglenone, and then he told me I was mistaking Armagh for Antrim. Silly me. So I was like "Ah well sure I'd only been there a few times, it was an easy mistake, not much of a difference" and he was like "Aye, but sure I wouldn't like to walk it". Probably because they're over 100 miles apart or something like that, which is fair enough, I guess. I went on and did a bit more work and then I came back to the sink because I needed to clean some mugs an' shit, but yer man was still there so I couldn't do it. We started talking bullshit for a while again and then he asked me where I was from. I told him I was from Raheny and he was like "Ah that's a fair old distance just to work in a coffee shop...", and I was like "I dunno, it's only about 10 minutes away on the DART, so it suits me grand..." or whatever, and then he said "Aye, but like I said, I wouldn't like to walk it."

I doubt the lazy fucking prick would want to walk anywhere. Jeez. Then he went off and I got to clean my mugs. Yerrrr.

No comments: