Thursday, May 29, 2008

Intro

My name is Sos and I work in Starbucks. I started working properly on Monday, May 26th. I had like this sort of initiation day on Saturday just gone where I got paid to sign forms and drink free coffee. That was the biz. I don't really have any feelings towards Starbucks at all. Like, it's grand. I thought I'd be mad against it, seeing as I'm proper punx and shit, and we're meant to hate multinats and corporations, but I don't give a fuck. Ideally, I'd win the lotto or something and I wouldn't have to work, but one time in Maths class a few years ago, we did permutations (?) to see how much of a chance anyone has of winning it, and it was like 1 in 4.3 million or something like that. I think. But yeah, I have to work. Like everybody else who hasn't won the lotto yet.
So at the moment, I'm being trained in on the bar with making coffees and stuff like that, but for the most part I just mosey around the shop and see if anyone's finished their drinks, and if they are, I take them into the back for cleaning. The back is kind of small and compact, but it gets the job done. I don't like when a hot wash is done and I have to take all the stuff out because the steam gets you really hot and it's just not that nice. I can make that whipped cream stuff that you put into what I call a gun-can. I call it that because it's like a metal can with a trigger-y thing and when you pull the trigger, whipped cream comes out. I also has this little part that you put gas into to make the gun work. I think. The gas makes a badass sound when you put it in and take it out. It rules. I think I can make a latte as well.
We get free coffees all day I think, or maybe just when we're on our break, but that's still pretty sweet. We get half price off all the foods and 30% off all the impulse buys like after-coffee chewing gum. It's grand. We get paid when we're on our breaks too. Oh, and we also get a free bag of coffee to take home with us each week. I think I might get some lightly spiced Arabian coffee as my first bag. I remember Chris said we could to his house to have some, and it never happened and ever since then I've been mad eager to try some, because it sounds awesome. Chris is one of my best friends in the whole world, and he works there too. He's away at the moment so I've been making friends with some of the other people who work there too. They're all cool. Apparently there's one dude that nobody likes but I haven't been working with him yet.
Our uniform is pretty funny. Because it's summer, we have to wear yellow t-shirts. Normally I'd think that's cool because I'd look like someone on the Brazillian football team, but we also have to wear green aprons, which just make us look like those Loop-the-loop ice creams. Oh well. After summer's over, we go back to wearing black t-shirts, which is class. I love wearing black. I'm wearing a black Blakfish t-shirt right now.
Anyway, this blog is so that I can post some of the class shit that happens in this place because it's like the first job I've had where things actually happen. I used to take naps in the store room of my old job because pretty much nothing ever happened. So yeah, there's a few things that have happened so far, but I'm not going to post them in this entry because I'd prefer to do one entry for each actual thing that happens. Peace out.

No comments: