Saturday, May 31, 2008

Malahide > Swords

So I forgot to mention that I'm only doing my training in the Malahide branch (/ franchise?), and then I'm off to the branch (/ franchise? Actually, I don't give a fuck.) in Swords once that opens up. Fair enough, they need staff way more then Malahide, but it's going to take me aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages (when pronouncing, let every "a" last one second.) to get to. Yeah, fucking shit loads of time. Malahide is about 14 minutes from Raheny on the DART, and it takes just over a minute to walk to Starbucks from the station once you get there. The trains are frequent enough, but sometimes you have to get early ones cos there might not be one for ages. So they're actually "sort of frequent" rather than "frequent enough". Anyway, that suits me fine. To get to Swords it's going to take me well over an hour to get there. I'll break it down like this:
  1. I could be waiting on a bus / train into town for anything up to 20 minutes.
  2. It takes about 15 - 20 minutes to get to town once I get on my bus / train.
  3. I could be waiting on a bus to Swords from town for anything up to 20 minutes.
  4. It takes about 30 - 35 minutes to get to Swords once I get on my bus.
Yeah, so that's well over an hour. In fact, that's too fucking long for me to actually be on time every day for work. I'm going to have to start doing mathematical equations based on probability, speed & accelloration, and other nerdy fucking shit just so I won't be running the risk of getting fired FROM A JOB THAT'S PAYING ME MINIMUM FUCKING WAGE ANYWAY. FUCKING CHEERS.

And that's just one reason why I don't want to go. Here's some more.
  1. Chris works in Malahide. We're bezzies and I've only got to work with him for about 2 hours before he went off to the states. He'll be back soon but sure our time is still numbered before we start hanging out less AGAIN due to work. And we'd be working the same fucking job. Shit on a stick, that's fucking ridiculous.
  2. I like these Malahide people. I've formed bonds and shit, probably. The Swords people might be douche bags.
  3. It's in a shopping centre. There's going to be some amount of jerks that will have just been to Dixons or something and they'll be complaing to us because they spilled a half caf half decaf skinny latte with caramel sauce onto their brand new external hard drive. Yo, check it out: I don't give a fuck that you're a total fucking moron who doesn't know that you should keep liquids away from electronic products. Go buy a proper coffee or eat a dick. I'm new and this store has only opened. You're not regular enough to be ordering customs.
  4. Pretty much number 3 except change jerks and morons to knackers and change dixons & electronic products to lifestyle sports & kappa tracksuit bottoms.
  5. It's fucking SWORDS.
But I'm just after checking online there on good old dublinbus.ie, and it says that there's a new route called the 102 that goes to Swords from Sutton, which is quite close to where I live. Still though, fuck moving.

No comments: