Friday, May 30, 2008

Ronan Keating

Ronan Keating from Boyzone came in to Starbucks a few days ago. Apparently he's a regular but I'd only been working there about 2 days so I nearly shat myself. His wife was with him, but there's absolutely nothing going on with her, so we'll just forget that she was even there. It's all about Ro-Ro. Anyway, the table he was about to sit at was a tad dirty so he asked my supervisor if he could get someone to give it a little wipe. Anyway, I get called upon to do it and I stroll out with my bio-sanitizer and a blue j-cloth and clean his table like he actually still deserves the star treatment. I did a mean job. When I was done, he goes "Thanks man, I really appreeshshiate that". I thought it was hilarious, because when I was a kid and when Boyzone were popular, I always thought he used to do that "shshsh"-y sound on purpose as a sort of way of saying that it was his signature style or gimmick or whatever. I used to argue with my friends when I was like 6 or 7 that if he was to say a word like "scissors" in real life, he's pronounce it like "scissors", and not "schishursh", BUT HE FUCKING DOES SAY IT LIKE SCHISHURSH!!!! FUCK!
That was fucking awesome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mazin.

Leah said...

Haha this whole blog is great!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to haaate this blog, thinking you deserved everything you got for taking a Starbucks job in the first place...

It'd be some craic hearing Ronan do Met Eirrean : "scashered shars!"