Monday, November 24, 2008

I did a 12 hour shift today...

...and now I feel like dying. I woke up at 6am today to get showered and changed and get to the dart station so I could get to the other dart station so I get my bus to the bus stop outside the Pavilions and go to work. I woke my mam up when I was going downstairs to get breakfast so she decided to give me a lift to Sutton station, which got rid of waiting around for the dart. Thanks mam. I was working in the Hughes and Hughes store from 8 - 12 and I had to do pretty much the whole opening myself because my supervisor was late, so she literally only got in in time to get the tills sorted and run start of day etc. So I did all the important stuff. I felt class.

At 12 I had to go down to Swords Pavilions v2.0 and work until 5, but some new lad (WHO NEVER FUCKING RINSES THE JUGS WHEN HE'S DONE WITH THEM, BY THE WAY) started begging and pissing and moaning at me to cover his shift which was ending at 8pm, because he had to go TO HIS OLD JOBS CHRISTMAS PARTY. WHAT THE FUCK. And I said yes. WHAT THE FUCK. I really am too nice. So i only got a poxy 15 minute break, a half hour one later on, and then only another 15. I def thought I deserved a second half hour break what with how much I busted my nut for them today.

There wasn't that many fresh douches in today, and the minor ones that did come in didn't phase me at all because I was feeling so invincible from my one person opening skillz, and I was tote stoked on working with Rodolfo again, because he's got the best voice ever. He's from Italy, he's 29, and he says all the most nonsensical things in the best way possible, such as:
"Would you like some teabags in your teabags?"
"You want some fruit bread with the butter?"
"We don't have the hot chocolate but we can give you the hot chocolate instead."
"That's what I like about this job you know man..." (And then launch into 5 minutes worth of mumbling and words that don't make any sense together)
"Ah man she's so sexy man!" (When said customer had literally JUST walked away after getting her drink, but still completely in earshot)
"What I like about Italy is that there's no rules man, because when my auntie first went to Naples, she saw a man shit in the street."

Pretty much everything that lad says to me blows my fucking mind.
But I'm as fucking tired as an arse after a healthy dose of the scuts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"What I like about Italy is that there's no rules man, because when my auntie first went to Naples, she saw a man shit in the street."

Ahaha, that's the best quote ever.

Chris said...

Agreed to the max.